About Me

My photo
I'm married to Michael, mom to Presley, and also mom to a puppy, Stella. Michael and I have been married since October 2011. Before we were blessed with Presley, we suffered two miscarriages. It was the darkest and most difficult times of both of our lives. Now, we are loving being parents, sleep-deprived, and busy busy. I wouldn't have it any other way! I am a 7th grade teacher who is working on a master's degree in instructional leadership.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Michael and Corrie Sitting in a Tree


I had no idea my friend Marcy's wedding would be the last wedding I'd ever have the opportunity to catch a bouquet at a wedding. I didn't catch it, but on that late October evening, something life changing was happening hundreds of miles away from me.

My boyfriend, Michael, was having "the talk" with my dad. Sitting at a Memphis restaurant, he decided after three years of dating, he was ready to spend the rest of his life with my crazy butt. He asked dad for permission to marry me.

I don't know everything that was said that day, but Michael says a HUGE grin spread on my dad's face. He got the approval.

A month later. at the bar in Monroe, Louisiana where we first met, Michael got down on one knee. I quickly said yes.

We will be married on October 8, 2011.



No comments:

Post a Comment